I was born in Ireland and I have traveled extensively throughout the world, always with an eye on local cultural design. I am very passionate about working with wood, paint, plaster and textures to create a variety of elegant finishes that add style, luxury and refinement to any home.
My techniques resemble fine Seventeenth and Eighteenth century English estates, 500-year-old Chateaus, and Tuscan villas. I especially love bringing old-world charm and grandeur to new homes.
My work has been published in several design books and magazines showcasing my 25 years of experience in painting, glazing, Venetian plaster and antiquing.
Builders and designers typically hire me but homeowners can also hire me. I take great pleasure working with people to come up with original and unique finishes to add sumptuousness to elite homes.
I live in Durango, Colorado so that my husband and I can raise our three beautiful boys in an amazing place however my work often takes me all over the world.
Please read my testimonials and view photos of my work.
Recommendations also provided upon request by contacting me.
• Over 25 years of experience specializing in glazing, antiquing, venetian plaster, crackling, distressing and many other detailed work
• Insisting on quality and excellence
• Working as a team with designers and builders
• Managing and supervising large crews
• Experienced in general construction, and cost estimating, residential environments, tracking job progress, safety awareness, cost control, scheduling operational tasks andprojects.
I have worked on homes for people such as Jerry Jones, Gil Besing, Mark Dunn, T. Boon Pickens, Frank Trabold, Larry Lacerte, John Jacaman, Debbie Tolleson, Bev Heil, Sterling Williams, Tom Dundon, John McStay and many others
My work can been seen in several respected architectural and interior design publications:
"Inspirations of France and Italy" Betty Lou Phillips.
"French by Design" Betty Lou Phillips.
"Villa Decor" Betty Lou Phillips.
"French Influences" Betty Lou Phillips.
"Better Homes and Gardens"